I began this piece from an image of a painting, trying to more-or-less duplicate a painting from a book in the library of the Framingham Artists Guild. The swirly blue fabric seemed good for the girl’s dress. As usual, the face gave me the biggest challenge, and I ended up printing it from a scan of the image, adding in unraveled yard for her hair, and just adding a bit with watercolor pencil to define the face. This girl is not quite as slender as in the original image, I’m afraid!
I tried numerous fabrics for the background until I finally settled on the small floral print. The border came from another piece with a pattern that fit to make beautiful mitered corners, and of course, with such a border, it needed a frame.
Leave your comments below
There are no comments yet.