This project began a while ago with the sky fabric and entirely different foliage on the sides which is actually still there. It went on a back burner for quite a while, and when I again looked at it, I opted to change it because color was not quite right. Most of the rest of the scene evolved quickly, but there was a space that needed filling in the center. After much searching and internal debates about what belonged there, I settled on the image of a wading bird, and recreated it in fabric. Since that bird seemed at home there, I did the finishing touches, using the fabric from the side portions for its border. The final choice of the title came from that bird!