Zebra is a Fast Friday Fabric Challenge which specified an image from the animal kingdom, and immediately I hit upon doing a zebra. My original thought was to have the background half-white, half-black, but making the wide uneven stripes like a zebra coat seemed more effective. I quickly realized the need to simplify the stripe pattern, as thinner stripes would be nearly impossible to cut away. And as usual, my husband had a final suggestion, the dot of red fabric paint for the eye.
And since the white satin was fairly thin, I added some of the black and white grassy fabric that I used last month just behind it for a subtle background.